The Chippenham Branch of the Mothers’ Union meets on the first Thursday of the month at 2:30pm in the Lady Chapel in the Church. We have a wide range of speakers. Our membership is of about 30 and are members of either St. Andrew’s or St. Peter’s Church. Not all of our members are able to attend afternoon meetings, but are happy to belong to a worldwide organization with members in 79 countries.
There are five objects of the Mothers’ Union:
- To uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding,
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church,
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians, united in prayer, worship and service,
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and protection of children,
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Mothers’ Union Prayer
We thank you for your love so freely given to us all.
We pray for families around the world.
Bless the work of the Mothers’ Union as we seek to share your love,
through the encouragement, strengthening and support of marriage and family life.
Empowered by your Spirit,
may we be united in prayer and worship,
and in love and service reach out as your hand across the world,
in Jesus’ name, Amen.